Fun Facts about Shopping Malls:
– Escalators in shopping malls are placed in a special way to make shoppers pass as much stores as possible.
– An average shopper spends about $75 during each of his/her one hour visit.
– Mall of America is one of the largest malls in the US, seven Yankee stadiums can fit within its walls.
– The largest mall in North America, the West Edmonton Mall, employes over 23,000 people.
– The largest shopping mall on the planet based on total area is The Dubai Mall.
– The busiest day for last minute shoppers is the Saturday before Christmas.
– There are 46,990 shopping malls in the United States.
– There is not much place to sit in shopping malls – if you sit, you don’t buy!
– Malls do not have windows!
– Cafeteria or the popular shops are on the top floor of the shopping malls.
– The floor plans in shopping complexes are disorienting to stop you from making quick exit.
– The oldest customer service complaint was written on a clay cuneiform tablet in Mesopotamia 4000 years ago.
– Rome built the first-ever shopping mall between 107 and 110 AD!
– The Chinese invented paper money.
– Shopping has a direct effect on the brain’s pleasure centers.